Mechanical Assembler - Job Description
Waterloo Region, Ontario
As the Mechanical Assembler you will be responsible for following blueprints and manufacturing information to assemble and mount mechanical sub-assembly parts for the Destuff-IT™ family of products. This position will work under the supervision of the Shop Supervisor and be relied upon to use their knowledge and expertise of mechanical systems to ensure ELS's products meet customers specs.
As the Mechanical Assembler, you will:
- Assemble and mount mechanical and sub-assembly components on to structures by following drawings and production orders.
- Evaluate drawings, pick list, and bills of material to determine priorities and complete assembly responsibilities.
- Carry out mechanical assembly for new builds, conduct mechanical troubleshooting, and repair or modify units.
- Support inventory maintenance by performing cycle counts and following standard materials management procedures.
- Communicate with supervisors and other assembly personnel in order to solve issues, and assist other employees as required.
- Use your knowledge of the standard practices, tools, and terminology to completed related assembly work.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- 1+ years of experience in a mechanical assembly or related position in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with mechanical assembly, material handling equipment and manufacturing an asset.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, production orders, and understand technical data.
- Competent with hand tools, torque wrenches and screwdrivers. Able to drill and tap holes in steel backplanes.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Proficient computer skills including logbook documentation.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
The last day for applications is December 14, 2021.
ELS is a growing organization located minutes north of Waterloo in Elmira. We offer competitive pay; benefits within one month of employment; employer-matched RRSP contributions (after probationary period), and a teamwork-based work environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a high-performance environment and have the talent to deliver quality results. If you have an insatiable appetite for learning, are looking for a position with a long-term career path, and have a winning attitude, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career with Engineered Lifting Systems brand of products. Learn more about us and our cranes and lifting equipment on our website www.engliftsystems.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment Inc. (ELS) understands the value and importance of having a diverse team. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility throughout the organization. ELS are advocates of equal opportunity and make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. ELS will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
ELS strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. ELS provides accommodation in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at HR@destuffit.com. Upon request, appropriate accessible formats or arrangements will be provided as soon as practicable.