Accountant - Job Description
Waterloo Region, Ontario
The Accountant is responsible for supporting all aspects of the company's financial reporting process and will lead the execution of the bi-weekly payroll process. They will also support the Finance Manager by preparing various financial reports and schedules, ensuring results are accurately reported, and assuring the company complies with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and other regulations.
As the Accountant, you will:
- Complete the bi-weekly payroll using Easypay software, and prepare, submit and reconcile all related payroll deductions including; CPP, EI, Federal Tax, EHT and WSIB.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring the financial records and transactions of the company - assuring compliance with applicable taxes, local regulations, rules, laws, and requirements.
- Monitor and audit accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions for accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for multicurrency accounts.
- Verify and reconcile the inter-divisional transactions.
- Maintain all fixed asset records and related schedules (including monthly depreciation) and, all prepaid expense records and related schedules (including monthly allocations).
- Participate in the monthly closing process (including preparing standard monthly journal entries) and assist in the review and reconciliation of various accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of all schedules and documentation required by the external accountants for the preparation of the annual financial statements.
- Prepare, submit, and reconcile the monthly HST remittance, and the biweekly RRSP remittance.
- Assist with the tracking and reporting of US sales taxes.
- Ensure all transactions are conducted in an ethical and prudent manner, and that all records are accurately filed.
- Assist with special accounting projects as requested by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in accounting, finance, business, or a related field.
- 3+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred), and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project).
- Prior experience completing payroll in Ontario and using payroll software (Easypay preferred).
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Operate with a high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
The last day for applications is Tuesday, December 14th.
ELS is a growing organization located minutes north of Waterloo in Elmira. We offer competitive pay; benefits within one month of employment; employer-matched RRSP contributions (after probationary period), and a teamwork-based work environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a high-performance environment and have the talent to deliver quality results. If you have an insatiable appetite for learning, are looking for a position with a long-term career path, and have a winning attitude, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career with Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment brand of products. Learn more about us and our warehouse solutions on our website www.engliftsystems.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment Inc. (ELS) understands the value and importance of having a diverse team. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility throughout the organization. ELS are advocates of equal opportunity and make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. ELS will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
ELS strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. ELS provides accommodation in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at HR@destuffit.com. Upon request, appropriate accessible formats or arrangements will be provided as soon as practicable.