Product Manager (noc: 0601) Jobs - Breslau, (ON)
|Share This Job With a Friend
Product Manager (noc: 0601) - Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Commodity Sales and Product Management, the Product Manager will be responsible for managing Conestoga Meats' (CM) fresh and frozen commodity portfolios. The successful candidate will leverage proven analytics and market intelligence to drive optimum financial and operational goals. They will also build strong internal and external relationships, to help drive sustainable business results. Responsibilities will also include optimizing assortment to improve marketplace growth while enhancing the customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with and developing cross-functional teams to drive efficiency, opportunity, and profitability across their particular categories
- Negotiate and sell weekly to select commodity accounts to ensure first-hand market understanding and optimize category sales
- Provide internal expertise and direction on pork market pricing (i.e., USDA, Canadian market, exchange rate, Urner Barry), international market/political implications
- Oversee and provide direction regarding the preparation and balancing of daily production requirements and inventory allocation
- Identify strategies and tactics to drive incremental sales by analyzing assortment, evaluating financial data, and developing insights from customer behavior.
- Develop recommendations for short- and long-term optimization opportunities for their specific category responsibilities
- Weekly review and accountability for targeted KPI's, i.e. sales results, mix, profit margins, etc.
- Responsible to develop and execute disposition plan for fresh/frozen inventories at optimal levels
- Lead category optimization team within broader Sales Department
- Work directly with the Senior Manager, Commodity Sales and Product Management to create market costing strategies
- Implement and measure effectiveness of pricing strategies developed in conjunction with the Senior Manager, Commodity Sales and Product Management
- Provide overall direction and implement product strategies cross functionally
- Accountable to ensure accurate product specifications for associated category
- Demonstrates and promotes the Conestoga WAY (Company values)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Available for on call in evenings as well as Saturdays as required
What You Bring to the Position:
- 3-5 years of work experience in a role focused on business analytics
- Understanding of commodity markets preferred
- Sales/negotiation skills would be optimal
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or Mathematics preferred
- Financial skills in order to prepare budgets, cost standards, analyze variances, etc.
- Office/project management software skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities at the same time
- Strong Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel
- Technologically savvy and able to learn various enterprise systems
- Team player: maintain a positive attitude, and work collaboratively cross functionally
- Proactive problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong initiative and drive to succeed
If this sounds like the job for you, please submit your resume online at http://conestogameats.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
About the Company
Conestoga Meat Packers is a leading processor of premium quality, fresh pork. Based in Breslau, ON, we have been supplying the market with wholesome, delicious pork since 1982. Our company is owned and supplied by a co-operative of Southern Ontario farmers who got into the business because they wanted to supply the Canadian market with the same pork their own families were enjoying. To this day we still pride ourselves on farm fresh pork; By families. For families
We thank all respondents for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga Meat Packers is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Recruitment Team at 519-648-2506 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible
Copyright 2012 TAC Careers