Meat Cutter/Butcher - Retail or Wholesale Jobs - Breslau, (ON)
|Share This Job With a Friend
Meat Cutter/Butcher - Retail or Wholesale - Job Description
Come and be a part of our dynamic team and join us in building for the future together. We are expanding our business and have permanent full-time openings for Meat Cutters/Butchers - Retail or Wholesale on our day and afternoon shift. There are 30 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible.
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Remove bones from meat
- Prepare special orders.
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Train meat cutters
- Use manual cutting utensil
Work Conditions and Environment:
- Physically demanding
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Cold/refrigerated environment
- Some areas may have odours
- Wholesaler, meat packing establishment
- Competitive wages (ranges from $20.55 per hour to $24.00 per hour)
- Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision Care, Pension, Group Insurance)
- Afternoon Shift Premium of $1.25
- 40 hours per week
- Weekly pay by direct deposit
- Training will be provided
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Completion of High School
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- 1-2 years butcher/knife experience required
- Previous experience in retail/wholesale butchery environment.
- Butchery course an asset
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Perform critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Basic English communication skills
- Basic security clearance
These positions are required for day (starting times vary from 6:00 am - 7:30 am) and afternoon shift
(starting times vary from 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm) Monday - Friday
Working Location: 313 Menno St, Breslau, Ontario, NOB 1M0.
No public transportation available, transportation assistance may be available.
Conestoga Meats welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please upload/send your resume in confidence to http://conestogameats.com or fax to (519-648-2494)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Copyright 2012 TAC Careers