Health, Safety & Wellness Coordinator Jobs - Breslau, (ON)
|Share This Job With a Friend
Health, Safety & Wellness Coordinator - Job Description
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Wellness Manager, the Health, Safety & Wellness Coordinator is responsible for providing support in all areas of health and safety. The incumbent will work alongside Area Leaders to ensure that health and safety compliance is maintained throughout CMP. Working closely with the Health, Safety and Wellness Manager the Coordinator will work to minimize occupational health and safety risks, incidents to achieve our goal of zero injuries.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS / ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Update occupational health and safety legislative programs to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Assist Health, Safety and Wellness Manager to ensure that CMP is in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation
- Develop audits and perform GAP analysis on our current legislative programs for the purpose of continuous improvement
- Develop expert health and safety training to support our programs working with the Training Team
Facilitate the Company's Early and Safe Return to Work program.
- Review Accident Investigation reports and a follow up with supervisors and employees
- Verify the Accident Investigation corrective actions have been completed.
- Communicate with our third-party disability management firm and WSIB on all aspects of claims management and provide required documentation.
- Monitor and meet with modified workers to ensure a safe and timely return to pre-injury duties.
- Update the Health, Safety & Wellness Manager on WSIB claims.
- Schedule and attend WSIB Return to Work Meetings
Company Wide Health and Safety Support
- Ergonomic Risk Assessments
- Visual Job Instructions/Standard Work Instructions
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Physical Demands Descriptions
- Health and Safety Risk Assessments
- Discomfort Reporting and follow up.
- Shout Out Safety Program
- Assist in H&S projects as requested by Health, Safety & Wellness Manager
Management Co-Chair of the JHSC
- Prepare agenda and documentation for JHSC.
- Attend meetings and take part in the monthly inspection walks.
- Revise meeting minutes, acquire sign offs and post minutes
- Organize JHSC worker representative voting.
- Ensure all required JHSC postings (member pictures, etc.) are kept up to date.
Enhance and promote a strong health and safety culture
- Enforce all established health and safety regulation and safe work practices in accordance with company policy
- Maintain a visual presence in the plants assisting and identify workplace hazards
- Create and distribute health and safety newsletter, bulletins and other forms of communication on a regular basis
Support Operations with Health, Safety & Wellness Coordinator Duties as Assigned
- Cover vacation schedules
- Lead operation projects as assigned.
- Assist fellow Health, Safety & Wellness Coordinator as required.
- Attend company required training.
- Remain current with technical knowledge in areas of responsibility.
- Attend regular 1:1 coaching/update sessions.
- A degree/diploma in a related field and a Post-Secondary Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Minimum of 2 years working full time as a Health and Safety Coordinator or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, Human Rights and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Experience with WSIB claims management, incident investigation, workplace inspection, ergonomics and risk assessments.
- Knowledge of workplace wellness programs and initiatives
- Complete proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other common applications
- Must be decisive, a team player and be able to work well under pressure
- Ability to effectively and efficiently deal with tight deadlines, and day-to-day health and safety issues and concerns as they arise
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Displays personal ownership and a sense of urgency over any issues or complaints that arise from the customer experience
- Proactively clarifies expectations with customers to get things right the first time
- Shares resources or assistance with others across Conestoga Meats to help them maintain an excellent customer focus.
- Openly shares ideas or suggestions on how to make things better(i.e. through people, products or processes)
- Displays disciplined and rational thinking when it comes to assessing current business operations (e.g. the status quo)
Accountability and Initiative
- Helps to assess the pros and cons of taking a risk, and makes recommendations on the best course of action
- Avoids excuses or blaming other when it comes to keeping promises.
- Cold environment
- Noise levels may exceed 85 DbA (hearing protection is provided)
- May be required to work both shifts and an occasional weekend.
- Outside environment
- Working in close proximity of knives
- Working in congested and high forklift traffic areas
- May be required to lift up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis while performing ergonomic assessments.
Copyright 2012 TAC Careers