General Labourers/Packagers ($18.90/hr to start + $1.25 shift prem) - Job Description
COME JOIN THE CONESTOGA TEAM!
Conestoga Meats is continuing to grow and we have immediate openings for
50 FULL-TIME General Labourers
As part of the Conestoga team you will play an important role providing specialty and retail pork products to over 30 countries from one of the largest pork processing plants in Canada. Not only are there opportunities for production work but you will get the chance to train on specialty knife or machine operator positions to expand your skills. Once hired, you'll see positions posted for plant opportunities including higher skilled jobs, apprenticeships, driver trainee programs as well as office and leadership positions - we pride ourselves on our high volume of internal promotions and leadership development programs!
Why Work at Conestoga Meats?
- Starting wage of $18.90/hr (skilled positions can go up to $26.20 per hour)
- 50 cent raise after 6 months of service to $19.40/h
- Afternoon Shift Premium ($1.25/hr)
- Weekly pay by direct deposit
- Stable full-time hours; no rotating shifts
- Optional daily and weekend overtime available
- Employee referral bonus program (minimum $300 per hire)
- Competitive benefits package for you and your family at 3 months of service
- Pension plan and company matching at 1 year of service
- Floater day given on top of vacation days
- Diverse workforce; translation of communication materials into 8 languages
- Discounts on quality pork products
- Employee assistance program (financial assistance, mental health resources)
- Social Committee events (food trucks, gifts, games),
- BBQ's and wellness programs
- On-site training and company provided equipment
- Employee scholarship program and English courses
- Positive and friendly team environment with a supportive Management Team
Our Working Environment:
- Physically demanding and face paced
- Handling of heavy loads
- Cut/Packaging department is refrigerated
- Noisy and some areas may have odours
- Slaughter house, meat processing and packing establishment
What You Bring to the Position:
- Production related experience is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure to meet production deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to perform physical and repetitive job duties
- A commitment to SAFETY and QUALITY practices
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated hand-eye coordination
- Basic English communication skills (verbal and written)
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada
- Completion of some High School education
If this sounds like the job for you, please submit your resume online at http://conestogameats.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Conestoga Meats welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About the Company