Category Optimization Manager Jobs - Breslau, (ON)
|Share This Job With a Friend
Category Optimization Manager - Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Commodity Sales and Product Management, the Category Optimization Manager will be responsible for managing Conestoga Meats' (CM) fresh and frozen commodity portfolios. The successful candidate will leverage proven analytics and market intelligence to drive optimum financial and operational goals. They will also build strong internal and external relationships, to help drive sustainable business results. Responsibilities will also include optimizing assortment to improve marketplace growth while enhancing the customer experience.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS / ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for working with and developing cross-functional teams to drive efficiency, opportunity, and profitability across their particular categories.
- Negotiate and sell weekly to select commodity accounts to ensure first-hand market understanding and optimize category sales.
- Provide internal expertise and direction on pork market pricing (i.e., USDA, Canadian market, exchange rate, Urner Barry), international market/political implications.
- Oversee and provide direction regarding the preparation and balancing of daily production requirements and inventory allocation.
- Identify strategies and tactics to drive incremental sales by analyzing assortment, evaluating financial data, and developing insights from customer behavior.
- Develop recommendations for short- and long-term optimization opportunities for their specific category responsibilities.
- Weekly review and accountability for targeted KPI's, i.e. sales results, mix, profit margins, etc.
- Responsible to develop and execute disposition plan for fresh/frozen inventories at optimal levels.
- Lead category optimization team within broader Sales Department
- Work directly with the Senior Manager, Commodity Sales, and Product Management to create market costing strategies.
- Implement and measure effectiveness of pricing strategies developed in conjunction with the Senior Manager, Commodity Sales, and Product Management
- Provide overall direction and implement product strategies cross functionally.
- Accountable to ensure accurate product specifications for associated category.
- Demonstrates and promotes the Conestoga WAY (Company values)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Available for on call in evenings as well as Saturdays as required.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a role focused on business analytics.
- Understanding of commodity markets preferred
- Sales/negotiation skills would be optimal.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or Mathematics preferred.
- Financial skills in order to prepare budgets, cost standards, analyze variances, etc.
- Office/project management software skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Strong Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel
- Technologically savvy and able to learn various enterprise systems.
- Team player: maintain a positive attitude, and work collaboratively cross functionally.
- Proactive problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong initiative and drive to succeed.
Accountability and Initiative
- Takes initiative and demonstrates a "do whatever it takes" work ethic to get the job done.
- Consistently delivers on personal targets.
- Displays personal ownership and a sense of urgency over any issues or complaints that arise from the customer experience.
- Maintain an outstanding customer experience despite time pressures or obstacles.
Communicating with Clarity
- Verifies the meaning of messages sent by others and confirms any next steps required.
Key Performance ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Optimal daily production plans for assigned category.
- Weekly review and accountability for targeted KPI's
- Developing and executing short- and long-term pricing strategies
- Ensure accurate costing, product specifications, and communication.
- Financial return optimized.
Copyright 2012 TAC Careers